Pages

Monday 7 January 2013

Keeping momentum going

So I have returned to work for 2013. This is the tough time for me. I mentioned previously that I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and decluttering combined with having a 3 year old and working will push my reserves to the limit.

Therefore I have to be very careful about keeping my momentum going. My plan is this:
  • Little and often. Identifying areas that can be sorted in small chunks and making sure I do something everyday. My plan for tonight is to sort one of the boxes of random things we have in the living room after the kitchen refit.
  • Enlisting help. My husband has been bitten by the decluttering bug and even our daughter is starting to copy Mummy and Daddy by putting things in their proper place instead of discarding them as she goes.
To do list app
  • Plan. I do love a good list. I make loads both at home and work. This time, however, I am using an app. This has the benefit of not only saving paper but also meaning that I don't lose said list. The app I have chosen is the Wunderlist app for iPhone. It's working well so far.
  • Allowing myself breaks. This, I feel, is key for someone with a fatigue problem like mine. As tempting as it is to go in all guns blazing that is counterproductive for everyone regardless of fatigue levels. Using strict timings helps in this regard and means I can achieve more over a longer period of time.


How do you organise your decluttering whilst working?

No comments:

Post a Comment